*Hong Kong has the Four Heavenly Kings- singers Leon Lai, Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung and Aaron Kwok- whereas Hong Kong racing has the Three Horseketeers in jockeys Douglas Whyte from South Africa, Australian Zac Purton and Brazilian Joao Moreira.
* Trainers Tony Cruz and Caspar Fownes are local boys who went to school in Hong Kong, speak FLUENT Cantonese, and can swear in the language worse than the bloke living in Mongkok with a dragon tattoo on his arm.
Caspar can also speak FLUENT Punjabi- and swear in this Indian dialect like a onion roti.
* One of Caspar’s best friends is singer-actor Aaron Kwok which is why he trains the Superstar’s galloper Calling With Love which is named after one of his biggest hits.
* Douglas Whyte very rarely uses the whip on horses- a lesson he learnt at a mentoring session with Monty Roberts, the legendary Horse Whisperer.
* Two of Hong Kong’s most attractive horse owners are Canny Leung, wife of businessman Steven Lo, and Michelle Reis.
The former is a published author and poet plus well-known lyricist and co-owner of the very good galloper Military Attack.
The gorgeous Eurasian Michelle Reis is a former actress and model who was named Miss Hong Kong 1988 and, that same year, Miss China International.
Married to business tycoon, the ex-husband of Pansy Ho, daughter of Macau casino magnate Stanley Ho, co- own the horses Kabayan and Charles The Great.
As her Chinese name- Jiaxin (李嘉欣)- sounds phonetically like the term for “pay rise”, we know some who display her photograph when wanting their bosses to get the message.
* Angland is the Yao Ming of jockeys- the tallest jockey riding in Hong Kong- and who returns to Australia at the end of this season.
© RacingB*tch 2014
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.