(Courtesy of http://www.fasttrack.hk)
STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE’S MOUTH
It’s been quite a draining week- not just ‘cos of the weather- and a number of questions are whirling around our heads faster than that of Linda Blair’s when the devil got into her and made her life a living hell.
* Despite riding a brilliant treble last Sunday, why does jockey Zac Purton have only four rides on the weekend?
Oh, wait: FIVE rides as a First Reserve just got a run.
* If they say that where there’s smoke there’s fire, could there be some truth lurking in the Chinese racing media hinting that all might not be hunky John Dory in the John Size-Douglas Whyte partnership?
* Why does self styled ace Hong Kong racing reporter “Steptoe” continue to be a green-eyed twittering git, lets the truth get in the way of another piece of useless goss and flirt with a very probable libel suit?
Get your facts right, mate, when you step into territory you are unfamiliar with- or which is way over your addled head.
If you want to take us on, that’s fine and dandy, but base your assertions on facts, logic and rational thinking, something that should have been taught and drummed into you in cub reporter kindergarten.
Otherwise retreat to the barracks, do your homework on some REAL stories about racing, which is what you are employed to do. It just might improve your credibility rating. Might.
* Who knew that the much-talked about Military Secret was knocked back by Caspar Fownes when moved from the Andrasch Schutz yard and was even recommended by a very good horseman that the horse be retired?
After its antics last weekend- and that of the outrider and the Keystone Cops-influenced barrier staff that even spooked us- it still might be as it’s obvious Military Secret is a lover not a fighter, a flower child and Peacenik and after what it went through on Sunday, a nervous wreck in need of some Valium.
* Sadly, there is no truth to the rumour that before Joao Moreira’s debut as a full-time rider in Hong Kong, there will be a conga line led by CY Leung, Hong Kong’s charismatic Chief Executive, Wild Bill Nader, Director of Racing at the HKJC, and Chief Steward and Director Of Fun, Kim “Can Can” Kelly.
There will also be no giveaways of Cadbury Chocolate Brazilian Nuts and nor will Joao Joao be interviewed by JoJo McKinnon dressed for a Carnivale In Rio including a bra made up very large coconut shells.
THE FAST TRACKER’S TIPS FOR SHATIN TONIGHT
Some of Douglas Whyte’s rides have me completely bamboozled on a card where I think those in the money will salute.
Whatever you do, bung in Rhumba King into your doubles, trebles and tierces and tune into the Hong Kong Observatory for updates on tonight’s all-weather racing at Shatin.
SELECTIONS FROM THE BIG APPLE (@SW064351)
Race 6, No. 2 Affluence of Rain
Has yet to win first-up but meets weaker opposition here. Trial last week was encouraging. Each-way claims.
Race 8, No. 2 Bundle of Love
Class runner that is drawn well and will take plenty of catching.
Race 7, No. 4 Bould Mover
Forgive last all-weather run as saddle shifted shortly after the start. Will sit just off the speed and can spring a mild upset.
TONIGHT’S SELECTIONS FROM THE THIRD DIVIDEND
SHA TIN (HONG KONG)
Night Races @HKJC_Racing
Weather: Mainly cloudy. Cooler in the morning with relatively low visibility over some areas and one or two rain patches. Sunny intervals during the day with a maximum temperature of around 28 degrees. Fresh east to northeasterly winds, occasionally strong offshore.
Race 1: SHUN TIN CL5 HCP
1 – The Only Kid (1)
2 – Perfect Joy (3)
3 – Rainbow Seeker (10)
4 – Gold Tartini (12)
Race 2: LOK WAH CL3 HCP
1 – Invictus (2)
2 – Horse Aplenty (9)
3 – Superninsky (4)
4 – Admiral Lord (8)
Race 3: MEI TUNG CL4 HCP
1 – Hurry Hurry Up (4)
2 – Expedite (6)
3 – Sunshine Kid (1)
4 – Star Of Wai Bo (9)
Race 4: PING SHEK CL4 HCP
1 – Tarrega (8)
2 – Riyadh (7)
3 – Ole Ole (2)
4 – Danesouth (14)
Race 5 (Q1): MEI TUNG CL4 HCP
1 – Forza (1)
2 – Maroon Prince (2)
3 – Supreme Hong Kong (11)
4 – Happy Homing (12)
Race 6 (Q2): KAI YIP CL3 HCP
1 – Great Sky (4)
2 – Happy Champion (10)
3 – Danewin Tiger (6)
4 – Dream Builder (1)
Race 7 (Q3): KAI YIP CL3 HCP
1 – Hypersonic (1)
2 – Bundle Of Joy (7)
3 – Great Spirit (5)
4 – Dining Star (10)
Race 8 (Q4): CHOI WAN CL2 HCP
1 – Bobo Dragon (3)
2 – Rumba King (7)
3 – Slick Bullet (8)
4 – Bundle Of Love (2)
Race 1: The Only Kid (1)
Race 2: Invictus (2)
Race 3: Hurry Hurry Up (4)
Race 4: Prince Of Sunshine (10)
Quaddie ($100 gets you 39%)